submit your news
Company News, International , Shows & Events
35 German Exhibitors to Demonstrate Expertise at IMEX America 2013
Germany is back at IMEX America 2013 to showcase its expertise at booth #2220. The country's presence at the show, running from October 15-17 in Las Vegas, is as strong as ever, with 35 exhibitors representing all the country has to offer across its world class cities, services and venues. There will also be a press conference on the first day of the show at 1:15 p.m. in the IMEX America Press Center to publish the results of a Global Meetings 2030 Future Study conducted by the German Convention Bureau (GCB) this year.
According to New York-based Laura d'Elsa, Regional Director USA & Canada, German Convention Bureau, "IMEX America presents an opportunity for us to show planners and buyers first-hand what sets Germany apart as a meetings destination: accessibility, value for money, and scientific and economic expertise. Germany is the #1 destination for meetings in Europe and #2 in the world after the U.S. for the number of meetings. However, when it comes to the actual number of participants at these meetings, Germany even outranks the U.S. with 224,948 participants in 2012. Conferences return year after year to Germany, and by visiting the Germany booth, planners can learn why and how."
Exhibitors at the Germany booth represent a wide range of German convention centers, hotels and destinations. Attendees can meet with partners such as:
* Stuttgart Convention Bureau: Stuttgart, recently lauded in an independent survey as Germany's most sustainable city, is hosting several international engineering conferences in 2013, including f-cell and the SAE 2013 Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR/VR) Technologies Symposium.
* Maritim Hotels: Maritim Hotels, one of Germany's most prominent hotel chains, recently added its 38th hotel in Germany - the Maritim Hafenhotel Rheinsberg - located right on the harbor at the southern tip of the Mecklenburg Lake District, in the heart of the popular tourist resort of Hafendorf Rheinsberg.
* KÖLNDÜSSELDORF - The Meetropolis: According to the annual German Meeting & Event Barometer, "The Meetropolis" - a joint project by the German cities of Cologne and Duesseldorf - is one of the most popular destinations in Germany for international event planners, moving into the top three this past year for "Metropolitan Regions."
In talking about the press conference, d'Elsa added, "The meetings industry contributes quite significantly to the German economy. As the German Convention Bureau we want to promote the country around the world, but we also strive to anticipate, plan and implement what meetings need today as well as what they need tomorrow. As a result, we conducted a study to look into the future of meetings, to determine the megatrends that will change the face of the meetings and conference industry in the years ahead."
Subject matter experts who will participate in the megatrends discussion include:
* Matthias Schultze, Managing Director of the German Convention Bureau
* Julie Kruger, Business Development Manager, Duesseldorf Congress
* Karina Gruetzner, Business Development Manager, Stuttgart Convention Bureau
* Xavier Guillemin - Meetings & Events Market Director, Global Sales, Accor
This event for media only will be held Tuesday, October 15, at 1:15 p.m. in the IMEX America Press Center.
About the German Convention Bureau
The German Convention Bureau (GCB) represents and markets Germany as a destination for conventions, meetings, events and incentives both on a national and international scale. It is the first point of contact for companies, associations and organizations around the world planning events in Germany.
Acting as a connector to the wide range of German event service providers, venues and host cities, the German Convention Bureau (GCB) provides hands-on advice and support to planners and executives in all industries and organizations. To bring maximum value, quality and customization to each meeting and event hosted in Germany, the GCB also helps hosts and attendees leverage the country's deep expertise in green meetings and key industries such as pharmaceuticals, financials, automotive, logistics & transportation, and technology.
The GCB's more than 200 members include leading hotels, convention centers, destinations, event agencies and service providers of the German meetings and conventions industry. Accor Hotels, DuesseldorfCongress, and Stuttgart Convention Bureau are Preferred Partners of the GCB. As Strategic Partners, Lufthansa German Airlines, Deutsche Bahn AG (German Railways), and the German National Tourist Board (GNTB) support the work of the GCB.
The GCB website (www.germany-meetings.com) serves as a useful online tool to find detailed information on Germany, search venues and vendors, get tips for green meetings, catch up on the latest news, access travel guides, and much more. Follow the German Convention Bureau in the U.S. on Twitter at @GermanyMeetings.
FIND IT - MARKETPLACE