submit your news
Associations/Press, Company News
IAEE White Paper Examines Future Trends in the Exhibitions and Events Industry
The International Association of Exhibitions and Events™ (IAEE) released today its white paper, Future Trends Impacting the Exhibitions and Events Industry, created by the IAEE Future Trends Task Force, chaired by Francis J. Friedman, president of Time Place Strategies, Inc.
"This white paper offers an exceptional overview of what to expect in terms of continuing the emphasis on face-to-face marketing," says Friedman. "The goal was to create a picture of the next three to five years in the exhibition industry. Things are changing at a rapid rate and this report provides IAEE members with strategies they can use to anticipate and successfully respond to these changes."
IAEE created the Future Trends Task Force to identify and address major trends it felt will impact the exhibitions and events industry. This white paper presents the results of 13 future trends the task force anticipates will impact and shape our industry. Future Trends Impacting the Exhibitions and Events Industry examines the following points:
• The broad range of generations co-existing in the workforce and their different communication styles
• Collecting "Big Data" to hone in on the most relevant information
• New technologies for data capture, recording and reporting
• The impact of emerging technologies in the business environment
• Social media marketing
• Creating year-round communities for an exhibition or event
• Experiential trade shows
• Addressing and capitalizing on non-attendee engagement
• Educating exhibitors in the ongoing value of face-to-face marketing
• International trends impacting U.S. exhibitions
• Variables affecting internet connectivity at exhibitions and events
• Private events in the corporate marketing plan
• The complexity of managing these elements in the future
Trusted since 1928, IAEE provides quality and value to its members through leadership, service, education and strong relationships. IAEE is the largest association of the exhibitions and events industry in the world, with a membership of show organizers, exhibitors and exhibition suppliers. Organizers of more than 20,000 exhibitions and buyer-seller events around the world are members of IAEE, and the organization advocates and promotes the awareness of face-to-face exhibitions and events as the primary medium for business development and growth. IAEE provides relevant, timely and innovative education to its members and the industry IAEE recognizes its strategic partners: American Airlines, Anaheim Orange County Visitor & Convention Bureau, BearCom, Mexico Tourism Board, New Orleans Morial Convention Center, New Orleans Convention & Visitors Bureau, Orange County Convention Center, San Antonio Convention & Visitors Bureau, Visit Baltimore and Visit Orlando, and Voicelogic. Visit www.iaee.com for more information.
IAEE Forms New MATSO Council
FIND IT - MARKETPLACE