submit your news
Company News, People, Shows & Events
CEIR Announces Speaker Line-Up for Predict
Unlike any other event for C-Level executives, the fourth annual Predict industry outlook conference focuses on the performance of the exhibitions and events industry and a look at what is forecasted for the next several years. Scheduled for 11 September 2014 at the Intercontinental Hotel Chicago, this year CEIR Predict takes on a new energizing format, with Ron Insana, host of a nationally-syndicated daily radio show and senior analyst and commentator for CNBC, hosting and facilitating conversations throughout the day. The program is designed for executive-level influencers in the industry featuring a highly-intensive and interactive program.
A stellar panel of accomplished experts and thought leaders will ensure the most timely and relevant perspectives. So far, 19 industry heavy-hitters have been added to the roster for this one-day event.
"The years of experience and areas of expertise held by this year's speakers is phenomenal," says CEIR President and CEO Brian Casey, CEM. "By the end of Predict, attendees will have a very well-rounded view of economic, legislative, marketing and overall industry trends that can only strengthen their strategic planning sessions."
Speakers for CEIR Predict 2014 include:
• Doug Emslie, Group Managing Director, Tarsus Group plc
• Peter M. Goldstone, Chief Executive Officer, Hanley Wood LLC
• Marina Gorbis, Executive Director, Institute for the Future (IFTF)
• Kerry Gumas, President and Chief Executive Officer, Questex Media Group LLC
• Kevin Higgins, President and Chief Operating Officer, Hart Energy
• Jack Holmes, President, UPS Freight
• Debbie Holton, Director, North American Events and Industry Strategy, Society of Manufacturing Engineers
• Gerald M. Howard, Chief Executive Officer, National Association of Home Builders
• Wilma Jordan, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, The Jordan, Edmiston Group, Inc.
• H. Stephen Lieber, CAE, President and CEO, HIMSS
• Carol McGury, Executive Vice President – Event and Education Services, SmithBucklin Corporation
• Marco Pardi, President, UBM Tech Events
• Art Paredes, Senior Director of Global Expositions, Semiconductor Equipment & Materials International (SEMI)
• Gene Sanders, Senior Vice President, Trade Shows, SPI: The Plastics Industry Trade Association
• Sally Shankland, CEO, UBM Connect
• Matt Shay, President & CEO, National Retail Federation
• Ryan Sweet, Senior Economist, Moody's Analytics
• Steve Szakaly, Chief Economist, National Automobile Dealers Association
• Eric Wulf, CEO, International Carwash Association
Complete profiles of each speaker can be found on the Predict website at
Predict: CEIR's Annual Exhibition Industry Outlook Conference will engage attendees by providing a forecast for the CEIR Index's 14 industry sectors for the remainder of this year and through 2016. Marina Gorbis, executive director of the Institute for the Future will deliver the keynote presentation.
The application and registration process is now open at
CEIR sincerely appreciates the support it has received from sponsors of this year's Predict: Title Sponsors Choose Chicago and Freeman; Visionary Sponsors Global Experience Specialists (GES), Greater Houston Convention & Visitors Bureau and SMG/McCormick Place; Associate Sponsors Reed Exhibitions, New Orleans Convention & Visitors Bureau, Orange County Convention Center, Visit Orlando, National Trade Productions; Contributor Sponsors Access Intelligence, Georgia World Congress Center, Hargrove, Kuehne & Nagel and Oscar Einzig Productions. For more information about CEIR Predict or available sponsorship opportunities, visit
or contact Managing Director Cathy Breden, CAE, CMP at email@example.com or +1 (972) 687-9201.
The Center for Exhibition Industry Research (CEIR) serves to advance the growth, awareness and value of exhibitions and other face-to-face marketing events by producing and delivering research-based knowledge tools that enable stakeholder organizations to enhance their ability to meet current and emerging customer needs, improve their business performance and strengthen their competitive position. For additional information, visit www.ceir.org.
CEIR Reports on Exhibition Organizer Efforts to Attract and Retain Young Professionals
FIND IT - MARKETPLACE