submit your news
Shows & Events
Sonic Foundry Honors Eight with Enterprise Video Awards at Unleash 2017
Sonic Foundry, Inc. (NASDAQ: SOFO), the trusted global leader for video
creation and management solutions, today announces that it hosted a
sold-out gathering at its 11th annual Unleash Mediasite User Conference,
drawing leading industry analysts and hundreds of customers from around
the world. The three-day user conference is the biggest in the industry,
offering 55 sessions that armed customers in healthcare, higher education
and the enterprise with the knowledge and expertise to increase the impact
and adoption of video in their organizations.
“Sonic Foundry’s Unleash conference is the best way to learn new product
knowledge and best practices that help advance the video deployment at my
university, without having to attend a huge show,” said Ian Wilkinson,
Texas Tech University and Mediasite Community Advisor. “This is my fifth
time attending, and I’m always impressed with how Sonic Foundry treats its
customers and the level of thought and work that goes into each event.
After each Unleash event, I feel more and more that Sonic Foundry and the
Mediasite Community are among my biggest supporters.”
Sessions tackled best practices for video workflows, streamlining video
delivery, lessons on boosting student and user generated content and
industry trends such as supporting engagement and social aspects of video.
One day of the show was dedicated to exclusive hands-on Mediasite
workshops, allowing Sonic Foundry customers to dive deeper into product
knowledge, learn about integration with other technologies, receive expert
support and more.
Additionally, targeted one-on-one consulting sessions with technical
experts and roundtable sessions with executives provided customers the
opportunity to develop top-down relationships with Sonic Foundry
employees, help them maximize the value of their video deployments and get
their questions answered.
“Sonic Foundry’s Unleash is so valuable and worth the trip from the
Netherlands,” said Jaco van der Worp, Learning and Development
professional, Green Heart Hospital. “With 50+ sessions to learn from, the
three-day show allows me to connect with others in the Mediasite
community, learn from my peers and share my knowledge of the technology
with others. I don’t think any other vendor in the industry is doing
anything like this, and I appreciate that Sonic Foundry creates
opportunities for its users to come together. I now feel like I am part of
the Mediasite family.”
Unleash 2017 welcomed users from around the world including people from
England, Japan, Australia, China, Norway and the Netherlands.
Enterprise Video Awards Recognize Mediasite Users for Video Success
The show also honored select customers at the 13th annual Enterprise Video
Awards, a distinguished program that recognizes excellence in the
practical and creative integration of Mediasite in business, education,
health and government. This year’s winners were:
• High Profile Event Award: CompTIA. This nonprofit’s conference grew from 1,000 attendees to more than 30,000 by going creating an online component with Mediasite
• Innovation Award: GGzE. The Netherlands mental health organization records patient therapy sessions – with permission – for doctors’ review
• Learning Environment Award: Mount Mary University. An American Sign Language class is greatly improved by using Mediasite for homework assignments and exams
• Mediasite in Action Award: Information Technology & Computing Services, East Carolina University. The university shut down in the wake of a hurricane, but classes continued with Mediasite
• Outcomes Award: ABC for Health, Inc. Rural Wisconsin families stay up to date on the changing healthcare landscape with free online webinars
• Overall Awesomeness Award: Duquesne University. Students studying international relations practice crisis management by simulating real-world situations and live streaming mock press conferences to their peers
• Training Outcomes Award: (co-winners) Green Heart Hospital and Noordhoff Health Green Heart Hospital nurses access on the job instructional videos via QR codes thanks to Noordhoff Health and Mediasite
• Video in Education Scholarship: Duquesne University
Watch the nomination videos at
Distinguished Industry Keynotes Headline the Conference
Wainhouse Research analysts Alan Greenberg and Steve Vonder Haar and
Margot Douaihy of AV Technology Magazine presented keynotes.
“Sonic Foundry’s Unleash user conference is such a unique experience for
all who attend. It really goes to show how much Sonic Foundry cares about
its users, about the technology and about the streaming industry as a
whole,” said Greenberg, Senior Analyst and Partner at Wainhouse. “I was
especially impressed by some of the use cases reported by Sonic Foundry
customers relating to micro learning and methods of combining
user-generated content with publisher content.”
Read Greenberg’s recent blog post about Unleash here.
Watch “Tech Predictions for 2018 & Beyond,” co-presented by Greenberg and
Vonder Haar and “From Rolling Carts to IP Ports – The Future of AV,”
presented by Douaihy.
About Sonic Foundry®, Inc.
Sonic Foundry is the trusted global leader for video capture, management
and streaming solutions. Trusted by educational institutions, corporations
and government entities, Mediasite Video Platform quickly and
cost-effectively automates the capture, management, delivery and search of
live and on-demand streaming videos and rich media. Mediasite transforms
communications, training, education and events for more than 4,300
customers in over 65 countries. Leading analyst research firms Aragon,
Forrester, Wainhouse and Frost & Sullivan recognize Sonic Foundry as a
leader in enterprise video, webcasting and lecture capture.
© 2017 Sonic Foundry, Inc. Product and service names mentioned herein are
the trademarks of Sonic Foundry, Inc. or their respective owners.
FIND IT - MARKETPLACE