submit your news
Exhibit Makeovers - 5 Ways to Freshen up an Existing Exhibit
Every exhibit is in need of a facelift from time to time. Between a rigorous travel schedule, and extensive warehouses stays, your exhibit deserves a little love before the next show opens. Periodic updates paired with regular maintenance will allow the exhibit to shine for years to come.
#1 Swap Graphics
Brand messaging is ever evolving, and a trade show exhibit should stay in step with those changes. Revitalize any exhibit with a new set of graphics for an updated look, without the costs associated with a complete exhibit overhaul. Redesigning graphics can take some creative brainstorming, so research exhibit design trends, including popular color pairings, shapes and textures. An exhibit design expert can simplify the process, with a professional perspective that will keep the new exhibit in vogue.
For more design considerations, download Nimlok's Exhibit Design e-book.
#2 Use Portable Displays for Customized Messaging
Portable displays are easy to use and cost-effective to change, so you can customize your message or featured products from show-to-show. Portable displays are powerful way to communicate new ideas without redoing the existing exhibit, keeping your message fresh and relevant.
Ways portable displays can keep your exhibit fresh:
- Provide practical information about any new product or service with a banner stand. Available in many sizes and styles, it is an easy way to add updated messaging to any existing exhibit.
- Add privacy to an open-concept exhibit with portable backwalls. The graphics can also feature new product information or promotional offers in a low-cost way that does not permanently alter an existing exhibit.
- If the existing exhibit does not include a hanging structure, consider adding one. Hanging structures come in a wide variety of sizes and configurations, and can broadcast your brand across the exhibit hall.
#3 Update Product Displays as Your Company Evolves
Product lines keep growing, and your exhibit needs to grow and evolve with your company’s sales needs. Incorporating updated product displays into an existing exhibit will support sales teams and engage visitors.
Freestanding product displays make it easy to evolve over time without requiring structural changes to your existing exhibit. For more help in crafting a perfect product display, check out 3 Steps to Designing Trade Show Product Displays.
#4 Reconfigure Your Existing Exhibit
Depending on the structure of the exhibit and the included elements, it may be possible to completely rearrange the floorplan of the exhibit to fit into a different-sized exhibit spaces, or for shows with different needs. Work with an exhibit partner to design an exhibit that matches your long-term trade show goals.
Versatile modular exhibits offer a wide variety of benefits, with hundreds of possible floorplans, easy storage and reconfigurable options. Modular exhibits in particular are created using a large selection of standardized components that can be adapted and arranged for different selling environments. Going modular allows you to create a fresh space from an existing exhibit, which can be applied to a variety of booth sizes and event applications.
#5 Add Interactive Elements
From virtual reality technology to immersive booth activities, interactive elements and technology can offer unique brand experiences for attendees. Adding an interactive element to an existing booth is a cost effective way of transforming your exhibit into a new experience. Additionally, it becomes easier to make changes to interactive messaging in the future.
How to use interactive elements:
- Show-off products in realistic settings using immersive virtual reality technology.
- Create a game that focuses on a product or brand messaging, for instance have a contest where attendees can race to see who can set up a product the fastest.
- Provide samples for so visitors can experience the product firsthand.
- Designate a kiosk or space for visitors to try out software or view online portfolios.
Hardworking Exhibits Deserve a Makeover
Staying in step with the latest exhibit trends is easy when updates are made incrementally. Keep these tips in mind when your exhibit is looking a little tired.
Looking for more inspiration? Download Nimlok's free Trade Show Ideas e-book for more design concepts and tips.
Amy Benes, Marketing Manager, Nimlok
Amy began her professional career as a small business marketer with an emphasis on community events. Amy has been a contributor to Nimlok's trade show marketing blog since 2012, writing on a range of topics including exhibit design, face-to-face marketing trends and trade show strategy.
More information about Nimlok...
FIND IT - MARKETPLACE