submit your news
The Society of Government Meeting Professionals Appoints New Gilmer Trustees
The Society of Government Meeting Professionals (SGMP), the premier national organization for the government meetings industry, elected three trustees, each to two-year terms, to the Gilmer Institute of Learning:
Continuing their terms as trustees until 2019 are:
- Bobbi Barkley, CGMP, CMP, senior sales manager of Doubletree/Hilton Seattle Airport, is a Scholarship & Certification Trustee
- Anita Yearwood, CGMP, CMP, special events manager for Institute for Contemporary Art, Virginia Commonwealth University, is an Education & Programming Trustee
- Cheryl Wierenga, CGMP, senior sales manager for the Red Lion Hotel on the River Portland, is a Fundraising Trustee
SGMP President Michelle Milligan, MSW, LMSW, CGMP, continues as the Advisory Chair; and SGMP Education & Training Director Garland Preddy, CGMP, continues as the Operations Chair.
- Chele Clark, CGMP, Colorado Department of Law, Attorney General’s Office, a Scholarship & Certification Trustee
- Carolyn Wence, CGMP, CMP, Plans & Action, an Education & Programming Trustee
- Mark Richardson, CGMP, Doubletree by Hilton Colorado Springs, a Fundraising Trustee
The mission of the Gilmer Institute of Learning is to enhance the purpose and goals of SGMP by providing support to its members and chapters through educational opportunities, certifications, training, resources, scholarships and funding. The Institute of Learning is named after Sam Gilmer, a leading force toward the founding of SGMP in 1981.
The new trustees took their oath of office at the 2018 SGMP National Education Conference in Norfolk, VA, during the Sam Gilmer Awards Banquet on June 6th, 2018. The trustees officially took office on July 1, 2018.
The Society of Government Meeting Professionals (SGMP) was founded in 1981 and is the only national organization in the United States dedicated exclusively to individuals who plan and execute government meetings. We deliver our membership value of education, resources and networking to 2,000 plus members in more than 20 chapters across the country. Our mission is to enhance and promote the expertise of government meeting professionals. For more information, please visit www.sgmp.org.
FIND IT - MARKETPLACE