submit your news
Smart City Networks Partners with the Miami Beach Convention Center to Complete Multi-Million Dollar Renovations Project
Smart City Networks, the nation’s leading provider of telecommunications services for the convention industry, has finalized a contract with the Miami Beach Convention Center (MBCC) to provide extensive technology upgrades as a part of their two and half year long, multi-million dollar renovations project.
The agreement, which became effective June 1, 2018, is on a fast track with completion scheduled for early September to coincide with the completion of the MBCC’s $620 million-dollar renovation of the facility. The upgrades, with the partnership of the local internet service provider Hotwire Communications, will include enhanced network cabling speeds and capacities, high-speed internet, and telephone services.
The Miami Beach Convention Center’s new network will have the capabilities to support large-scale data and technology needs of the industry’s most complex events.
“The capabilities of this network upgrade and its unparalleled connectivity is the final piece of the Miami Beach Convention Center’s re-imagine process over the past two and half years,” said Dave Anderson, Senior Vice President for Spectra, the convention center’s management firm.
The project includes the following upgrades:
Executives of Smart City, which have serviced Miami Beach Convention Center for over 15 years, share in the excitement.
- A wireless network supporting up to 64,000 concurrent devices throughout the facility
- 10-gigabit fully-redundant internet connection with the ability to provide scaled bandwidth independently within the area of the building and is serviced over a redundant self-healing ring, operated by Hotwire Communications
- Established wireless link using Airfiber ensuring that the connection is triple redundant
- 20-gigabit uplinks to each edge switch with failover to 10 gigabits
- Built-in internet circuit redundancy that includes secondary circuits and redundant pathways into the facility, designed and supported by Hotwire Communications
- High-density wireless install
“Our network design in Miami includes new redundancy features that will ensure flawless performance during the largest and most challenging events,” said Mark Haley, President of Smart City Networks.
About Smart City Networks
Smart City Networks, the industry leader in event telecommunications and technology, designs, installs and maintains data, voice, electrical and utility platforms, coupled with voice, video, data network engineering, security, and monitoring. With over 39 convention and meeting facilities across the U.S. in their portfolio, Smart City annually supports over 3,000 convention and meetings, accounting for over 17 million square feet of exhibit space. For more information, call 702-943-6000 or visit www.smartcitynetworks.com.
FIND IT - MARKETPLACE