submit your news
Airtame Launches New Product, Airtame 2
Airtame, a Danish startup that produces a wireless HDMI solution for both the business and education sectors, has announced the launch of their second generation hardware product, Airtame 2.
The new product will deliver much more than a cable-free solution by tapping into digital signage and app integrations. Whereas the first generation Airtame was mostly a screen mirroring solution, Airtame 2 is re-imagining how to turn blank screens into smart, collaborative displays.
The main differences between Airtame’s first product and Airtame 2:
“Airtame 2 takes a huge step forward in design and functionality,” says Brian Kyed, CPO and
Co-Founder at Airtame. “Where the main objective of our first product was to get rid of cables,
Airtame 2 will empower people in professional settings to use screens and projectors to their
full potential - and unlock better collaboration. After years of product development and user
feedback, we’re proud to deliver Airtame 2, which is not only extremely easy to use but will also
improve any forward-thinking workspace.”
- Better components: Four times the amount of RAM for speedy firmware and software updates and a product better equipped for future advancements.
- Brand-new WiFi chip: The new chip is about five times faster than its precursor, which provides the user with both a faster and more reliable internet connection.
- 2 x wireless range enhancement
- Kensington Lock input: Protect the device in semi-public environments such as classrooms and waiting areas.
- Intuitive LED - the glowing light indicates the current state of your device, whether it’s updating, in standby mode or actively being used to present.
- Flexible setup: Mount the device with the supplied magnetic wall mount. No need for drilling into a wall!
Airtame 2 retails at $399 per device. Airtame recently released four Homescreen apps, simple
app integrations for better team collaboration and digital signage. Airtame has doubled its
revenue two years in a row.
Airtame is a wireless screen mirroring solution that allows you to instantly display content
from any laptop or mobile device, to any display. Its multifunctional use case means that it
can also be used as a digital signage solution.
Airtame started out as a record-breaking crowdfunding campaign in 2014 during which they
raised a total of $1.3M. Since then, Airtame has grown into a company with over 90 people
from across the world and have shipped over 100,000 devices.
Airtame’s mission is to help professional environments use screens better.
The company is based in Copenhagen with other offices in New York and San Francisco. For more information go to www.airtame.com.
FIND IT - MARKETPLACE