submit your news
Events Industry Council Announces 2019 Hall of Leaders Inductees and Pacesetter Award Winners
The Events Industry Council announced today the 2019 Hall of Leaders inductees and Pacesetter award winners. The recipients will be honoured at a celebration as part of IMEX America in Las Vegas.
Hall of Leaders is the premier recognition programme in the events industry that recognises a lifetime of achievement by meetings and events leaders. This year’s inductees join 131 previous honourees who have had an integral role in shaping the industry. The Hall of Leaders 2019 inductees are:
The Pacesetter Awards recognise the valuable contributions individuals are making to impact the events industry today, as well as charting the course for a thriving future. The 2019 Pacesetter Award recipients are:
- Michael Dominguez, CHSE, President and Chief Executive Officer, ALHI (Nominated by Events Industry Council Board of Directors)
- David DuBois, CMP, CAE, FASAE, CTA, President and Chief Executive Officer, IAEE (Nominated by International Association of Exhibitions and Events)
- Anne Daly Heller, Publisher, USAE (Nominated by Searchwide Global)
- Carole McKellar, MA, CMM, Vice President EMEA, HelmsBriscoe (Nominated by Meeting Professionals International)
- Barry Smith, CMA, Executive Director, Convention Centres Canada (Nominated by International Association of Venue Managers)
- Ellsworth Milton Statler (posthumously), Owner, Statler Hotels (Nominated by USAE)
“These distinguished industry pioneers and emerging leaders demonstrate a deep commitment and passion to advancing the events industry in meaningful ways. Steeped in more than three decades of history, these recognitions celebrate the individuals who have redefined our industry and left an impactful legacy. This year’s esteemed inductees exemplify the influence, altruism and innovation commensurate of this renowned recognition. We are privileged to welcome them into the prestigious group of past honourees and celebrate the collective contributions of all our Hall of Leaders. This year’s Pacesetter Award winners represent a group of emerging leaders in the events industry with a steadfast commitment to innovation and sustainability. We are thrilled that the selection committee decided to award two Sustainability and Social Responsibility Awards in 2019. This decision reflects the Events Industry Council’s desire and commitment to establishing a unified voice to drive significant change,” shares Amy Calvert, CEO, Events Industry Council.
- Young Professional: Robyn Davis, Trade Show Strategy Specialist, WINH (Nominated by Robyn Davis)
- Sustainability and Social Responsibility: Desirée Knight, CAE, CMP, Director, Education and Meetings, AREMA (Nominated by The Kilman Group)
- Sustainability and Social Responsibility: Chance Thompson, Senior Manager, Sustainability and Public Relations, Salt Palace Convention Center (Nominated by AZano, Inc.)
- Innovation: Frank Yang, PMP, CMP, CEM, Director, Convention Marketing, KINTEX (Nominated by International Congress and Convention Association)
The Events Industry Council will recognise these individuals at the 2019 Hall of Leaders and Pacesetter Awards Celebration on 10 September 2019 at LIGHT Nightclub at MGM’s Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada. For information about sponsorship and purchasing tickets to attend the awards celebration, please visit eventscouncil.org/hall-of-leaders-celebration.
The Hall of Leaders has been a symbol of industry excellence, achievement and inspiration, welcoming more than 130 industry icons into its ranks since its inception in 1985. Inductees have demonstrated the forward-thinking and innovation that shaped the events industry into what it is today. To view past Hall of Leaders inductees, please visit eventscouncil.org/hall-of-leaders.
The Events Industry Council’s more than 30 member organisations represent over 103,500 individuals and 19,500 firms and properties involved in the events industry. The Events Industry Council vision is to be the global champion for event professionals and event industry excellence. We promote high standards and professionalism in the events industry with the Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) programme and our four signature programmes — Sustainability, Industry Insights, Knowledge and Leadership — that represent the key initiatives, assets, services and products for the Events Industry Council. Learn more online at eventscouncil.org.
FIND IT - MARKETPLACE