submit your news
Globex 2019 Forecast Reveals 4% Growth to 2023 for Global Exhibition Industry
The global exhibition industry is forecast to grow at c.4% CAGR¹ to 2023 despite macroeconomic turmoil, according to Globex 2019 released today by strategy consultancy, AMR International.
The 11th edition of Globex – the global exhibition organising market: assessment and forecast to 2023 – reveals a positive five-year outlook for the global exhibitions industry despite recent clouds on the macroeconomic horizon.
Growth in 2018 was driven by a strong US market and good performance across most emerging markets. Organisers and investors can expect this growth to continue, assuming the current political and economic environment remains resilient.
China, the second largest market after the US, remained robust despite a slowdown in growth. Mexico, India and Indonesia continued to perform well above GDP growth. Other high-growth Southeast Asian markets strived to improve venue capacity to meet increasing demand for space. While other mature markets such as UK, France and Hong Kong maintained overall good growth in 2018.
The 14 most significant exhibition markets generated $27.8bn in exhibition organising revenues in 2018, with the rest of the world’s contribution estimated at an additional c.$5.7bn. The total market grew by 5% in 2018 compared to 3.5% in 2017 and 4.5% in 2016.
Mr Florent Jarry, Head of AMR’s Global Events Practice said, “The Globex 2019 findings show that the global exhibition industry continues to be highly profitable, as face-to-face interaction remains strongly valued by exhibitors and visitors. We are cautious on some country forecasts given recent events but remain positive about the global industry over the medium term. While digital technologies are more likely to enhance events and the customer experience than replace them.”
Other findings from Globex 2019:
Globex is published annually by AMR International. It is the only resource of its kind that provides in-depth trends analysis, granular volume and price data, plus 5-year forecasts on 20* mature and emerging countries. The world’s leading event organisers rely on Globex’s unbiased research when planning their growth strategies.
- High-growth markets such as Mexico, Indonesia and upcoming countries in Southeast Asia are expected to maintain strong growth in the mid-term. Mature markets will continue to grow modestly
- Increased venue availability will likely generate new demand for events and thereby accelerate volume growth, both in maturing markets such as India and China, as well as smaller upcoming markets such as Malaysia
- Russia is expected to recover from the recent downturn and resume growth in the mid-term, whilst Turkey and Brazil are projected to stabilise and grow slowly, provided that their economies and political environments allow it
- The growth in the Gulf region continued to outpace GDP but slowed down in 2018, due to the economic crisis that the region had been going through with falling oil prices
- AMR’s set of initiatives outlined in its Exhibitions 2.0 white paper has gained overwhelming support from senior-level organisers, as it provides a forward-looking framework for the evolution of the exhibitions industry.
Globex 2019 can be purchased online at: amrinternational.com/globex2019.
About AMR International
AMR International is the world leader in strategy consulting to the events and exhibitions industry. Our mission is to create value for our clients and act as a guide for transformation. With more than 25 years’ experience, AMR supports every aspect of event transformation, from group and market entry strategy, acquisition search, commercial due diligence and performance improvement through to pricing, digital strategy and data analytics. AMR has offices in London, New York, Paris and New Delhi, as well as on-the-ground experience in 40 plus countries.
Globex 2019 features coverage in 20* mature and emerging countries.
¹ CAGR refers to: Compound annual growth rate
*The 20 markets featured in Globex 2019 are: US, China, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Brazil, the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), Russia, Hong Kong, Turkey, Mexico, India, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Macau and the Philippines.
FIND IT - MARKETPLACE