"While email has replaced direct mail, social media is headed to be the next preferred method in the evolution of driving booth traffic."
– Steven Marchese, CTSM, manager, corporate events, Fujifilm Medical Systems USA Inc.
"Direct mail is not the powerhouse it once was, but hard-copy event invites are still more memorable than emailed ones."
– Holly Seese, global marketing communications manager, Celanese Corp.
"Direct mail must focus on a target market with a specific message. Without that, there's no benefit."
–Dominique J. Cook, CTSM, trade show coordinator, Marvin Windows and Doors
"Direct mail is back in vogue because few companies are using it. So a creative mailer is more likely to get read."
–Eugene Maresh, co-owner, Say it With Style Targeted Promotional Solutions
"People over the age of 50 have an emotional attachment to letters that people under the age of 50 never developed."
–Keith Goodman, vice president, corporate solutions, Modern Postcard
"The most effective direct-mail projects start with a solid mailing list. A bad list yields a bad return."
– Dan McAdams, vice president of sales and marketing, McAdams Graphics
"A successful campaign is 60 percent identifying the target, 30 percent making a compelling offer, and 10 percent creating a unique piece."
– Mike Naples, business alliance manager, United States Postal Service
"People ask me all the time, 'What is the single best media for exhibit marketing?' But there is no single best media. The magic is in the mix."
– Jefferson Davis, trade show marketing and sales consultant, Competitive Edge
"Email is brilliant for lead nurturing, but not for lead generation. If your message is seen as spam, you're hurting, not helping."
– Joy Gendusa, CEO, PostcardMania
"An interesting shape is the best way to generate attention. Priority or overnight mail doesn't cut it anymore. It feels wasteful."
– Rhea Cook, president, Ex Machina Design X Marketing