PHOTO: COURTESY OF THE CHARLES HOSMER MORSE MUSEUM OF AMERICAN ART, WINTER PARK, FL
The crown jewel of Tiffany & Co.'s exhibit at the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition was a Romanesque Revival chapel. The 1,082-square-foot room boasted 16 mosaic columns, an electric chandelier shaped like a crucifix, and an altar of Carrara marble that included 150,000 iridescent glass tiles. After the expo closed, the chapel was sold several times until being meticulously rebuilt at its current location, the Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art in Winter Park, FL, in 1999. Shown here in the museum, the sanctuary continues to be, as it was described in 1893, "a chapel in which to worship art."