My company has plans to exhibit at several international shows, and I need to locate exhibit houses and other service providers that are based in or have expertise working in these locales. How can I go about locating international vendors?
The following organizations and exhibition-related groups should be able to direct you to not only international vendors, but also vendor organizations and talent pools within individual countries.
➤ The International Federation of Exhibition and Event Services (IFES) www.ifesnet.com
– This international association brings together several different country-specific associations as well as industry vendors from more than 36 countries. Members are required to sign a code of conduct to maintain membership status.
➤ The Event Supplier and Services Association (ESSA) www.essa.uk.com
– The ESSA is a U.K.-based association representing contractors and suppliers of goods and services to the exhibition industry. Members are vetted through a process that examines their standing in the industry.
➤ International Association of Exhibitions and Events (IAEE) www.iaee.com
– IAEE is an association for show organizers, exhibitors, and suppliers. Its members are located in (or primarily do business in) North America.
➤ Exhibition and Event Association of Southern Africa www.exsa.co.za
– Members of this South African association for venues, event organizers, and suppliers must adhere to rigorous performance standards or risk removal from the association.
➤ EXHIBITOR Magazine's Find It - Marketplace www.exhibitoronline.com/findit
– Find It has a category dedicated to international exhibit producers and features a comparison chart to make your decision process easier.
➤ ExhibitMatch www.exhibitmatch.com
– This is a vendor-referral service for trade show suppliers. Exhibit managers from around the world can post their exhibit requirements via this online tool for sourcing industry suppliers. The service also allows exhibitors to stringently vet vendors in some 40 countries and is provided at no obligation or cost to exhibitors.
➤ LinkedIn Groups www.linkedin.com
– Several exhibit-industry discussion groups on LinkedIn provide a forum for seeking international referrals. Search LinkedIn for groups such as: EXHIBITOR, Event and Exhibition Subcontractors Worldwide, and IAEE.
— EXHIBITOR Staff